book: stigma by muharikah

Assalamualaikum and a very good evening. I hope everyone have a nice day.

[credit]
I just finished reading a book by Muharikah. It is actually a book that belongs to my sister and she said the book is good and urged me to read it as soon as possible. So, I read it for a week because I am not a fast-reader who can read 500-pages novel in a day.

I find it interesting and a new genre to be written by a Muslim. The novel theme is about LGBT and how people who struggle with this feeling. It is a story about two people who work in the Infectious Disease section of a medical department. They come across many diseases that only affected people who suffer from HIV.

Despite being doctors who cure their patients physically, they also trying to bring them on the right path spiritually. This novel told us about the real struggle of having a different sexual orientation from the most of human race and how to overcome it.

It is obvious in Islam that we do not support LGBT and people who struggle with this must find a way to overcome it. But there are not many resources that we can refer to on how to overcome this struggle.

What I love about this book is that the writer points out that we do not need a judgemental society in order to make these people who struggle with their sexual orientation to change. We have to become supportive and help them in any way that we can.

Also, this book can relate to us on how we manage and handle to avoid committing sins that we know are wrong, but are not able to overcome it.

overall, I would give this book a 7.5/10 rating and very recommended to those who wanna see the world in a different glasses.

This is my first attempt to write a book review so it will be nice of you to leave a constructive comment so that I can improve my skill in the future (if the skill does exist in my veins).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

how to: skip songs shortcut (windows 10)

recipe: aglio olio tomyam