how to: skip songs shortcut (windows 10)

I have been trying to find a way to do shortcuts to skip songs on spotify without needing to open it (or even go the taskbar). So when I was going through the setting, I found how to do just that!

It was not my intention to go to the settings to solve this problem. I was actually finding a way to do a keyboard word replacement. Since online classes started, I have to write my full name a lot of times and it ain't short. So I was trying to do a word replacement like I have done in my phone. So far, problem hasn't been solved.

Okay back to it. 

These shortcuts allow you to play/pause, rewind, forward songs and control the volume without having to open the music tab (e.g. spotify).

1. Go to settings and click 'Devices'


2. Go to 'Touchpad'


3. Scroll until you find the 'Three-finger gestures'


4. Set the 'Swipes' to 'Change audio and volume'

Voila! Now you can skip songs or even go the previous track with a swipe of left and right. You can also increase or lower the volume using up and down swipe.

5. Set the 'Taps' to 'Play/pause'

This helps a lot so I don't have to go to the spotify icon on the taskbar to play or pause.

You can also set all the Swipes and Taps to four fingers option if you find it easier to do so. I usually use the three fingers for swiping between apps so I might change all these play/pause, audio and volume option to the four fingers. 

Ciao!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

recipe: aglio olio tomyam

book: stigma by muharikah